Title-1 Parental Rights
- As a parent/guardian of a student at a Title I designated school, you may request information regarding the professional qualifications of the classroom teachers who instruct your child. Specifically, you may request the following information about each of your child’s classroom teachers:Whether the Nevada Department of Education has licensed or qualified the teacher for the grades and subjects he or she teaches;
- Whether the Nevada Department of Education has determined that the teacher can teach in a classroom without being fully licensed or qualified under state regulations because of special circumstances;
- The teacher’s college major, whether the teacher has any advanced degrees and, if so, the subject of the degrees;
- Whether any teachers’ aides or similar paraprofessionals provide services to your child, and, if they do, their qualifications.
This information is on the Nevada Department of Education website, http://www.doe.nv.gov, or you can contact the school.
- Parents are provided with information on how progress is measured and the expected proficiency levels for students. Parents may be provided monthly assessment scores from the Evaluate assessment. In addition, we send home reading report cards and progress reports every quarter. In addition, grades are also posted on Infinite Campus. You are more than welcome to contact your child’s teacher for updates on their achievement level.
- The school will have parent involvement activities. We have parent chats the first Wednesday of every month which includes an update on the school’s progress, a review of the school generated funds, training, and any other updates that effect the school community. We have the PAC meeting which is Parent Advisory Committee, which meets the second Wednesday of the month. Here the parents discuss issues and how they can assist the school and the students. We also hold four family nights that are project based on our curriculum. The focus is how parents can assist their children at home with their learning. There are also many trainings that are held throughout the year. If you would like a particular training, please ask and we will do our best to assist.